Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Crocheted Prayer Shawl Companion

When I first say this book up for review on NetGalley, I jumped on it.  I have never been what you would call a crafty person.  When I was first married 21 years ago, my husband decided one day to teach me how to crochet.  Ever since, I have loved it!  I have made baby blankets, but never tried anything any larger.   A prayer shawl seems like a perfect next step to me.
A friend of mine has a prayer room in her house, and in her room she has her very own prayer shawl that someone kindly made her many years ago, so I knew a bit about them, but had never actually given any thought to making one.  I love all the patterns and stories in The Crocheted Prayer Shawl Companion, and have taken the plunge and bought my yarn, new needles, and am starting on my very first prayer shawl.  Who knows who it will be for, I have no idea, but I do know the yarn I purchased spoke to me and I knew immediately what it would be made into eventually. Now to figure out which pattern to use!







tHIS BOOK WAS PROVIDED TO ME BY THE PUBLISHERS FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.  i AM IN NO WAY COMPENSATED FOR MY REVIEWS. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment