Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Experience his touch


We are privileged enough to have a guest blogger with us today.  She is Author Debbie Sutton Covington, in promotion of her new release If I...I will. I was contacted a few weeks ago about reviewing If I... I will, and jumped at the chance when I saw the topic of the book.  I've always thought the woman with the blood issue was  kind of ignored for themost part when folks talk about


Experience His Touch
My devotional reading was about genealogy today and I felt lead to think and write about Jesus. I want you to imagine the feelings of people that experienced the touch of Jesus. The blind man Jesus healed; when he was able to see the first time looking between Jesus’s fingers he would have seen love and compassion flowing from Jesus’s face into him. Imagine the woman with the issue of suffering when He likely helped her to her feet as she felt totally loved by this wonderful Jesus! Think about these people Jesus healed and the first night they went to sleep thinking about the amazing touch of Jesus.

What about the times that Jesus gazed into people's eyes? Don't you know He caught the eye of Mary when she anointed Him with love, thanks and quiet understanding? Or at the cross gazing down to His mother's eyes and the love that flowed without a word?

The laughter of Jesus. You know He laughed with the children and He always wanted the children to come to Him. He laughed, He played, and He spent time showing love and acceptance to a group that were not acknowledged much during this time.

Today, it is my prayer that you will ask Jesus for more. More of Him in your everyday, ordinary life! Experience His loving touch, experience his gaze of understanding, the laughter at a shared funny moment. We are given this gift right now; we don't have to wait until we are in heaven. Jesus wants it now and so do you! Reach for Him and share the touch flowing with amazing love!

Sweet Blessings,

Debbie

Debbie Sutton Covington writes and speaks on women in the church. She is also the founder of Journey of Sisters, a ministry that encourages women in their walk in faith through weekly devotionals, monthly newsletters, and fellowship opportunities. Debbie and her husband Kenny and their dogs live in Shreveport, Louisiana.

If I…I will: simple words, but do we ever move past the “ifs” in our lives? Do we know in our hearts and minds that God indeed will help us to achieve our dreams and goals? If I…I Will is an insightful look at the healing of the suffering woman in Mark 5 whom Jesus healed. And just like that suffering woman, we must step past our suffering, the words we may hear, our own thoughts, and the crowds around us to reach for Jesus. What if we reach Jesus? Will He change our lives forever? Will He heal us? Yes, indeed! Maybe Jesus won’t follow the way we envision the healing or the change to happen, but faith in Jesus will forever change us. So, step out and reach for Jesus’ hand, and begin the adventure of a lifetime.


Purchase If I…I Will on Amazon

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhyu4bUSlp4]


If I…I Will Virtual Book Tour
November 1 – November 5, 2010
Coordinated by Rachel Randolph at RedCouch PR

November 1
A Room Without Books Is Empty
Latte With Me
Nikole Hahn’s Journal
Of Sound Mind Spirit

November 2
Nikole Hahn’s Journal

November 3
MiscMayzee
What You Reading Now?
All Grown Up?
Books+Beach=Escape
Hope & Despair Mingled Together

November 4
A New Kind of Normal

November 5
Life in Review
Mel’s World
Book Reviews by Molly
Double the Blessings



1 comments:

debbie

Dear Preachers Wife,

Thanks so much for sharing your blog space with me today! I know time is a gift and I thank you for this gift.

I love this journey that God has taken me on and the people that cross this road map of my life along the way. How He is the reason for everything and every path and we just get to watch it all unfold! Thanks again for your sweet gift of sharing your space.

Sweet blessings,
Debbie Covington

Post a Comment